- Create, develop and execute product in line with the initial fashion concept and merchandise strategy.
- Executes the development of assortments from concept to reality for the brand image and customer profile.
- Researches and identifies fabric, yarn and trim trends, specifically projecting fashion essentials and silhouettes by month by season.
- Partners with the buyer and the production manager to insure development of fashion forward and salable product that enhances the brand and achieves profit objectives
- Financially accountable for the sales and profit results of businesses.
- Travels to relevant domestic fabric, trade shows, markets and retail landscapes to identify appropriate fabrics, trims, details and silhouettes for style development.
- Does extensive research, on line, trend services, retail, and prepares presentation boards to present back to Sr. Designer, VP of Design, Owner, Buyer and sales to convey ideas.
- Communicates point of view to educate in the specified commodity and get buy in.
- Interprets the fashion forecast for the businesses in the context of the merchandise line plan and customer learning, through buying samples to represent ideas or with original design backed with fashion tear sheets.
- Meets time requirements for each phase in the development of each collection.
- Develops product and initiates the tech pack process, completing all detail “call outs” of the product development. Proof reads all tp’s and insures they are correct and are going out on time.
- Owns the “hand-off” of a tech pack within the technical designer and then the production manager and outlines the needs of the garment.
- Edits the line in conjunction with the Senior Designer, VP of Design, owner and buyer/sales. Communicates any changes to the production team.
- Collects and maintains retail samples for use at line presentation and all concept overviews, proto review and fittings
- Creates style boards for area of responsibility, showing silhouette and color, fabric, print and pattern options.
- Provides the Design team, buyers and production manager with clear, concise, timely communication.
- Participates in fit approval process for the aesthetic point of view with technical designer, fit technician and production manager.
Looking for motivated and innovative Designer
- 2-5 years of experience in Fashion Design
- A college and university degree in related fashion design.
- A successful track record demonstrating a passion for fashion and customers.
- PC literate (Photoshop ,Illustrator, word, excel, and Microsoft outlook a must)
- Understands Brand – has worked with brand recognized industry leaders. Competencies:
- Passionate about fashion and customers; understands the dynamics of fashion trends; interprets fashion to fit under the Direction set forth, the key internal players, all the way through customer’s desires.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, has a reputation of being fast with the identification and development of trends and concepts within their area of responsibility of commodities.
- A reputation of strong, “win-win” partnerships, within a team, across the company and throughout the industry.• Ability to translate fashion direction into bets sellers, comfortable, wearable , styling , that is wanted by the customers and works back into the key vision and key outfits identified by the VP of Design or Design Lead.
- Strong team orientation, ability to interact with others in ways that build and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work flow.
- A proactive approach to identify and reacting to issues.
- A persuasive, direct, clear and consistent approach to communication.
- Ability to coach, train, and develop associates within team.
- Tech Sketch/Capabilities.
Salary : TBD
Job Type: Full-time
If interested, please forward your resume with position and city in subject of your email to email@example.com
- Design Graphique: 1 year